Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Smell of burning plastic

Posted by andi2928 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 3:16

I have a samsung 419 washer... I washed a load of whites using the sanitize cycle tonight and about an hour or so into the 2.5 hour cycle my house was filled with the smell of either burning plastic or rubber. After some sniffing around, I realized it was coming from the washer. It was trying to spin and making an awkward clicking sound that I don't recall it ever making and on top of that, I had quite some difficulty opening the door. The boot seal seems to have become warped somehow and has bunched up in several places. It was pretty late so I just turned it off and went to bed. A little while later I hear noise in the laundry room and found the washer off (no lights, no nothing) but still trying to drain and spin! Where in the world do I even begin to troubleshoot? Does any of this sound like a good enough reason to toss the thing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Smell of burning plastic

Sounds like the party is over for your 419...

o

Yeah... the set is going to the dump :-/

o

What will them? If the dryer still works, why not sell/donate it?

o

The dryer is having more problems than the washer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here