Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rogerv_gw

Please help with washer repair

rogerv_gw
13 years ago

I have a 10-year old Fridgemore front loader washing machine. One of my family members put the detergent in the fabric softener part of the drawer instead of the detergent part of the drawer, and now the fabric softener part of the drawer doesn't drain anymore. It's full of diluted fabric softener (if I put fabric softener in, or water if I don't), when the wash is done. Before this happened, the fabric softener part of the drawer was empty when the wash was done.

I'm hoping that there's something that I could put in the fabric softener partition in the drawer that would clean out whatever is plugged up. Since I don't know how the stuff is dispensed from the drawer, I don't know what happened, but I was thinking I might run a few washes with something like Tang or lemon juice or something in place of fabric softener that would unplug whatever is clogged up.

Any ideas? I know that there are people out there that know a lot about repairing washing machines, so I'm hoping that there might be some help for this one.

Pretty stupid, but that's life.

Thanks much.

-Roger

Comments (2)