Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
invadersmall

Debating 2 front loaders... help!

invadersmall
12 years ago

I've narrowed it down to 2 front load washer / dryer sets.

Quality and sound is a concern.

I need something that's energy star, front load (for a stack able option)

My laundry area is on the main level as my house is on a slab. I need something that will be quiet.

These are both reviewed well on consumer review sites, and they're both on sale at Best Buy right now. I've never bought a washer / dryer before, this is my first house. Does anyone have a recommendation between the two?

Also, I'm usually a nut for extended warranties, but can anyone tell me if they're really worth for the extra couple hundred in this case?

Samsung - 4.3 Cu. Ft. 9-Cycle Ultra Capacity Washer

Model: WF330ANW/XAA

LG - 4.0 Cu. Ft. 7-Cycle High-Efficiency Washer

Model: WM2140CW

thanks for any feedback!

Comments (7)

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    12 years ago

I do not have that model but I do have Samsung FL washer and dryer I got recently and really am enjoying them. I can never tell they are on, I have to go look to make sure they are running. I got mine at Lowes for a very very good price they reduced it a lot so check there and talk them down (they should price match or beat the price), plus got the 18month no interest and I did get their 4 yr extended warranty because their price was great.

• invadersmall
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the input.

I've been leaning towards the Samsung set and I've heard so many great things about them in general. I checked lowes and surprisingly they had the set for $2000. Shopped around and found the best deal with Sears. $400 less and 10% off on top of that.

Hoping DH can get the new gas line running by the time they get here so the only sounds I hear are the cute noises everyone says they make.

=)

• Kieffers_Guy
    12 years ago

I really like the front load bosch units: 500 series. Though bosch is discontinuing their full-size laundry at the end of the year, they are still providing service and parts for ten years AFTER the discontinuation.

No matter what brand you're leaning towards, MAKE SURE to check the service network for that brand in your area. God forbid something goes wrong with your laundry, you want to be able to get someone to service it. Service networks are VERY important.

Here is a link that might be useful: Want to laugh and learn about appliances? Read my blog!

• Front_load
    12 years ago

Get one with a Sanitize feature. I think that particular LG doesn't have one but the Samsung does. Using the sanitize cycle should help it from getting smelly as well.

• iceqween13
    12 years ago

I have had the Samsungs for a year and love them - largest size of the Samsungs - and they are stacked. Quiet and work well. Have heard and read a lot of negative reviews on the LG's.

• redstar123
    12 years ago

We recently decided to purchase a new refrigerator. Looked at a lot of stores. Looked at reviews online. Thought about the fact that my washing machine was also old and might quit any day. Did I want to waste a fridge full of food or use a laundromat? I went with a Samsung french door refrigerator, and I loved it. So much so that 3 weeks later when my washing machine died and I saw that Samsung made those now too, I was sold. I have a different model than you, I think it's the 220. I love it. A couple things.

1. You can't tell it's on. Ok, you can, but it's very quiet. My husband tried to open the door while it was running.

2. Of those two, get the slightly larger one. You want the extra room for washing blankets.

Also, when we first got ours, it had a small drip out the front. My husband said I needed to call Lowes back, and I knew he was right. I had checked the instruction manual and it didn't help (Close the door, well, the door has to be closed all the way to lock and it won't run w/out the door locked, so I'm not sure how much more I could close the door...) But, he wiped the inner seal off and it's been fine ever since. For some reason, I keep getting hair caught right there so I wipe it off between each load.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    12 years ago

Mine are the large size with sanitize and steam, VRT
    4.5 cu. ft. Steam Washer
    7.4 cu. ft. Steam Electric Dryer

if you go to lowes do not just look at the prices, talk to the sales MANAGER, haggle with them, tell them you have found them much cheaper, they have a lowest price campaign so they will work with you. I got mine unbelievably priced (I paid $400 for my dryer to give you an idea),(my model is last of the year so the new model is replacing it they need to move that stock) plus they had the 15% off on all appliances, which even if it is off you can ask for it and they may do it, and I got the 12month interest free, you can try for the 18 month interest free too, if it is not running that special all you have to do is ask them to call it in to the financing company and approve it, they have done that for me every time and it has always been approved. I did put it on my lowes card of course to get that, and I did get their 4 yr extended warranty because it was a very good price and since I bundled my washer, dryer and fridge it was even cheaper for the policy.
    Times are hard they need sales if they refuse to work with you tell them you will go to their competition.

I absolutely love the pair, they are so quite I have to look at them, and they clean much better than I ever expected, they clean better than the TL they replaced.
    I did not want to use any liquids in mine so I use the Sears HE powder and the purex crystals in with the detergent, great combo.