Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lazy susan in laundry room? For what?

Posted by nikkidan (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 3, 12 at 21:58

Here's my laundry room:
Photobucket

Our W/D will be front loaders on pedestals with drawers. On either side of the W/D, there is only about 12 inches, so logic is to put lazy susans in those spaces. I had a lazy susan in our kitchen in our previous home and just HATED it...just wasn't efficient storage for me there.

So I'm either going to go with open shelving on those corners, or do lazy susans. But I'm trying to figure out what in the world I would use TWO lazy susans for?

What would I store in a LS in my LR?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lazy susan in laundry room? For what?

I think lazy susans waste a lot of usable space in a cabinet. I like to get everything possible into a laundry room cabinet and would never ever consider lazy susans for that room.

o

Can you reach into those corners easily or will they become caves for lost items? I have a kitchen with many unreachable corner cabinets and I would love to have lazy susans there. At least some of the space would be functional. New cabinets would be better, but $$$ is an issue.

I am very envious of your nice laundry room - my W/D is stacked in a closet in the kitchen. Convenient but not very efficient.

o

I can think of very little, laundry wise, that would fit in a lazy Susan. I would go with corner cabinets. Can the washer be moved to the corner? That would give space for a good size cabinet. 12" won't store much.

o

Like oreg mentioned, lazy susans are awesome for tricky-to-reach areas, like a deep cabinet. The original design of the LR at my weekend house was so terrible I couldn't actually get to the back of the shelves above the machines, so I used three. When I re-imagined the room I changed all that, so the LSs were junked! I make better use of the space grouping products by purpose in open containers.

Full disclosure: I'm a crazy who uses different detergents/pre-treat products depending on the fabric, color, etc. so there's a lot to organize vs. a typical scenario. Lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here