Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gatorsmom_gw

Can't wash waterproof mattress pads in new LG washer??!

Gatorsmom
11 years ago

My husband just bought the new LG Wavetech top- loading HE washer from Sears. After it was installed I went to wash a load of laundry and noticed the sticker said I couldn't wash any waterproof bedding in this washer. Um, I have 4 kids, one of which has special needs. He wets his bed every night. Soaks it. Of course because I don't want him to soak his mattress I have waterproof mattress pads on it. In fact, all my kids do because another one of my kids wets her bed occasionally still too. I nearly cried when I saw that sticker on the washer. Then when I saw how long it take the average wash cycle to finish, I did cry. I can't keep this washer. If it will take over an hour for an average load of laundry to wash and the another hour to dry, I will spend the better part of my life in front of this machine. Then I see on your website that the LGs have lots of mold problems AND LG pretty much acknowledges this by saying in their instruction manual to be sure to do a special cleaning cycle regularly to prevent this!

I'm loving the suggestions for a speed queen but am wondering if it will serve a large family well. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Comments (7)