Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Doors or drawers in laundry room?

Posted by akcorcoran (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 21:20

We have a multi-purpose laundry room going in. It's got space for laundry and laundry baskets as well as a few other cabinets. I know I want to put in a utility cabinet for tall thing, but other than that, would you but in drawers, or doors with pull-outs or any traditional cabinets with shelves?

Trying to figure out our best option to maximize storage on the lower side. We have three big double door cabinet uppers in a row on top.

thanks for your thoughts -

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Doors or drawers in laundry room?

I recommend anything BUT traditional shelves. Stuff gets put or pushed back there in our laundry room cabs, and we don't see it for years, or decades.

Drawers or roll-out shelves get my vote. We did this in our recent kitchen remodel and love it. No more getting down on our aging knees to hunt for something (usually heavy) in the back).

The only negative about roll-out shelves and drawers is that you lose some storage space, as opposed to traditional stationary shelves. It was worth it to me.

o
RE: Doors or drawers in laundry room?

Thanks! I agree with you I think. I think it's even more key because we're saving money but having three of our old kitchen uppers going in to the top which is a LOT of shelf space for stuff that usually isn't very pretty. Going to need a lot of baskets or figure out a way to make those look nice while holding things like light bulbs and cleaning supplies! Maybe I'll hit pinterest and houzz for suggestions.

Thanks for your thoughts!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here