Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
whirlpool calypso washer stays on wool cycle

Posted by madski (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 12 at 20:22

I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL CALYPSO WASHER MODEL # GVW9959KQ2, THAT ONLY STAYS ON THE WOOL CYCLE DISPLAYING A 27 ON THE SCREEN AND DOES NOT PERMIT TO CHANGE CYCLES TO NORMAL BY PRESSING THE STOP CANCEL BUTTON ON THE DISPLAY. OCCASIONALY I AM ABLE TO KEEP/TRICK/FORCE IT INTO WASHING WITH THE NORMAL CYCLE. HOW CAN I FIX IT OR WHAT NEEDS REPLACING?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: whirlpool calypso washer stays on wool cycle

If it otherwise runs through the (wool) cycle without malfunction, the touch panel probably is bad. The part is still available (8563809) but is quite expensive. SearsPartsDirect.com lists $167. There's one on eBay for $158. I have a spare, but must keep it for my own machine.

You can test the panel thusly:
- With the machine off, press [Soak], [Cycle Signal], [Soak], [Cycle Signal] (quickly, but one at a time in that order). The display should come on dt.
- Press [Start]. All the indicator lights should turn ON and the display 88.
- Press each button in turn (including [Start], but not [Cancel])to turn OFF the light or group of lights associated with it the button. If any of the lights don't turn off, then there are stuck or malfunctioning buttons.
- Press [Cancel] to end the test. Or unplug/replug the machine if [Cancel] is not working.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here