Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lmm1845_gw

Finally! New Electrolux w/d and remodeled laundry 'closet', and

lmm1845
13 years ago

Hi there. I just took some pictures of my new laundry closet (not lucky enough to have a room!) This after weeks and months of obsessively reading this forum, so thanks so much for all the help!

My issue is I had a closet with bifold doors, 5ft wide. Closet is 6.5 ft wide so I had all this dead space, like 10 inches, between each wall and the washer/dryer because the door wasn't wide enough. The doors, to make it worse, didn't open all the way because they were bifold. This drove me batty! I like to make the best use of EVERY inch. Lol We also had a 13yr old set of top loaders that had been repaired several times and I wasn't willing to invest more.

But oh my gosh...I am absolutely ecstatic! I now have room for my basket trolley, a counter to fold clothes, cabinets, an automatic light switch with more lighting, i have this nifty drop down hangers to hang clothes as soon as I pull them out of the dryer, and get this....OUR CLOTHES ARE CLEAN!!! I can't say enough good things about these wave machines. They are zero clearance, can vent to either side, and the doors reverse on both washer and dryer, all of which were critical to making the layout work.

As for the clothes being clean, i had basically given up. I used to wash dd's clothes three and four times when she was a toddler, and with ds a toddler now I admit to deciding that if it didn't come out in the first easy, too bad. Our socks aren't grey and Yucky on the bottom anymore, stains come out in one wash... And my hubby's loves the steam on the dryer for his dress shirts. Wow!

So now my only dilemma is whether or not to finish frosting the glass on the doors (the closet is in a high traffic area). I put the easily removable film on one pane... Curious what you think?

Frost or not?..

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of the new area and machines

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!