Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opinions-Samsung washer WA422 and dryer DV422G

Posted by foodfiend_gardener (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 18:36

I'm having a very difficult time with this decision. After having had my Kenmore stacked w & d for 26 years, I am now being tossed into the whole new world of ultra-modern washers and dryers.

For the washer I want a top loader with a short agitator (or without, but the top load is a necessity). The dryer has to be gas.

I rarely use anything but one washer cycle and the "cotton"or "perm press" cycles on the dryer, so no bells and whistles needed here. I need a simple, yet reliable, machine and the Samsung appears to fit. Any opinions or suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinions-Samsung washer WA422 and dryer DV422G

Hello,

I have the WA456, which is the big brother to the WA422 and it is a great washer.

Its quiet, cleans clothing and saves on water.

Since we got ours, our water bill has gone down 12 bucks per month and we save alot of time because we wash more in each load.

The wash times are longer than a traditional washer, but when matched with the DV422 it will save time because of the sensor dry feature.

The washer will spin the wash and get alot of water out and then when you put the clothes in the dryer it will figure out exactly how much time will be required to dry the clothes. So if you set the machine for 1hr...the dryer will adjust the time automatically. We've watched it adjust a 1hr dry to just 30 mins and yes the clothes are dry! Again...saves time and electricity.

Anyway...hope this helps.

o

Sure, but if the OP only ever uses Normal or Perm Press... why get a fancy washer like this?

I'd suggest the cheapest Speed Queen top loader and a Whirlpool/Maytag dryer with the pull-out filter on the top. Simple and reliable.

Alex

o

Hi GregRod,

Is your WA456 washer still performing well? I am considering buying it and I'm wondering if your opinion is still positive.

Thanks!

FredBearn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here