Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How much space behind washer needed for Floodchek hoses?

Posted by rogerv (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 17:42

If you're using the Floodchek washing machine hoses, I'm wondering how many inches between the back of your washing machine and the wall are required to accommodate these hoses? The hot and cold connectors on the back of my washing machine are pretty much flush with the back.

My current rubber hoses have 90 degree elbows on them to deal with this. I know that Floodchek has the 45 degree "goosenecks", which I would need to use. Just checking how much space is required behind my washer for using these hoses.

Thanks very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How much space behind washer needed for Floodchek hoses?

I've used flood-cheks on three installations: two TL's and one FL. All installations had goose-neck 45 fittings. (I would not install washer hoses anywhere without them. They relieve stress at connection as well as saving machine-wall spacing.)

My installs all had in-the-wall water supply and drainage fittings with the water-supply openings flush with the wall. The drain-hose from the machines to the wall-drain required a bigger gap than the the hoses so supply-hose space didn't even have to be considered. The machine-to-wall gap required to accommodate that drain-hose loop is about 4".

If your drain-hose goes to a sink and doesn't take that kind of space behind your machine, 3" will still leave enough "jiggle-room" for the flood-check hoses to dangle freely. (assuming you use 90-elbows or 45-goosenecks.) If your supply-spigots protrude from your wall, you may have to allow more.

If you have opportunity of recessing your supply connection points further into the wall, maybe you can close the gap further. The hoses themselves are about 7/8" OD along the length. About 1 1/4" at the fitting-ends.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here