Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
eco washer

Posted by poppel25 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 22, 14 at 17:14

Hi!
Have seen a product called eco washer on youtube and on their website: www.ecowasher.com.
The product looks like the purewash och laundrypure products, those have been talked about here, not much thogh.
Seeing this thing and the different videos on youtube on this thing and the others it makes me think. If the claims are true it would be a winner not needing to buy detergents, fabricsoftners and other laundrystuff.
What do all of you think, is there any that has this or has the others?
all the best//BR

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: eco washer

Other than being new and therefore controversial, I see nothing.
Found a few reviews from Amazon site selling competing device.

Noted in particular from their ProPlus model (believe I got that right) promoted for hard-water locations that they include a water-conditioning module a la EasyWater which, by itself, adds to the controversy. EasyWater and similar water treatment "systems" have been objects of dispute here for years.

Notice in their PDF that they mention "Ozone odor" which cause me to believe ozone generation is less than contained. Many people would have opinions about that, I suspect. Ozone is noted for being bad news for some materials it comes in contact with...like perhaps other components in the washing machine. For example, I notice they include their own outbound-to-machine hose. I suspect that's made of ozone-resistant material...but don't really know. Not interested enough to call them.

http://www.epa.gov/groundlevelozone/health.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone

I suspect you'll be on your own with this. However, if you choose to spend the 300-plus and take their 30-day trial, I would be interested in hearing your feedback.

This post was edited by Gwarstong on Sun, Mar 23, 14 at 15:00

o
RE: eco washer

Deleted unintended duplicate post. One of these days I'll figure out how to delete entirely. Duh.

This post was edited by Gwarstong on Sun, Mar 23, 14 at 14:46

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here