Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stackable washer/dryer?

Posted by schutjer (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 4, 10 at 16:48

Anyone have a regular sized stackable washer/dryer? How do you like it. Thinking of going this route after we move. Since we will be moving to a smaller home and want to conserve space.

Best brands?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stackable washer/dryer?

Many of the FLs are stackable. Mine are stacked in the kitchen and I love them. I have a small house and don't have the luxury of a real laundry room, but it works out fine. It's easy to stop by the fridge for a beverage while doing the laundry :)

As for the best brands - you will get a wide variety of opinions on this forum. From Miele to Speed Queen everyone has their favorite. You might decide how much you want to spend, what features you want, etc., then see which of the machines that meet these criteria are stackable. Most of the manufacturers have good information on their websites that can be helpful and cut down on the legwork.

Happy shopping.

o

We bought from Lowes an Electrolux dishwasher, FL Washer and Gas dryer to stack. When the order was place at the store in person, the correct stack-kit should have been ordered as well. Instead, we were sold and handed a kit which is made for Fridgedare models. Monday to Friday and Lowes still has not correct this problem, leaving the units out in the room. Also, to stack, one door needs to be reversed. From Lowes, we had to wait because only one person at the store knows how. Personally, I would not purchase at Lowes. I was so excited to get my new machines, not now, scratched and soild from the dryer lifted on and off and marble floor scratched from moving them around to wakl through the room. At this point, I'm not dissappointed, I'm angry. I vote NO to Lowes.....LOVE Electrolux, they should be concerned about Lowes knowlege and treatment of their products and loyal fans/buyers!
Oh, one more rant, Wash your hands or wear clean gloves before handling my new machines!

o

I have 3 year old laundry center by LG. The dryer has the control panel on the bottom-it is swapable. There is another model,
DLG9588 - dryer, about 1000 dollars still available at this website
http://www.rainbowappliance.com/DLG9588.html?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=shopzilla
But I'm not sure if there is a washer that would match.

o

Miele, Bosch, Asko, everything else in that order if you want my opinion on the current best offerings for stacking units.

The Miele will be the best built, most reliable units. They also will cost the most. Bosch has made a good name for themselves MOST of the time. Their higher end AXXIS line seems to have good reviews. ASKO comes in third mainly becuase their build quality while good, is not what it used to be. ASKO may be the ONLY company to still offer boil wash (95c) cycles in their US models. Even Miele has dropped boil wash in the USA. Boil wash is nice because it can whiten whites without bleach.

We currently own Miele (non-stacking units) and Bosch stacking units. We are large family and need two washers and two dryers. The Bosch do a good job and we have had no major problems. The Miele are BETTER built and we love the W4840/T9800 washer/dryer combo, but they were expensive.

Hope that helps.

o

We have Kenmore HE3 stacked for 4 years and like it just fine. I think next purchase however will be Bosch if quality is still good.

o

Love our Samsung 448's. They are really BIG, stack great, almost no vibration. So far so goo.

o

I had the Whirlpool duet for awhile (4 years), until I recently upgraded to a full size LG washer dryer combo. I absolutely love it! Although, I am also in a better place and have more space, including a laundry room. The duet suited my needs quite well while living in a place with limited space.

Here is a link that might be useful: Best Stackable Washer Dryer

o

After 13 years of GREAT service, my Bosch vented dryer no longer works at all on the permanent press cycle and the time cycle is taking an hour or more to dry a load. I live on a boat and need the small unit. My question is does Bosch still off the quality of past or is there a better product available? The washer is still performing well and I am inclined to replace both units. Thoughts are welcome as removing and installing the units is a major project.

o

moon1234 which model Bosch do you own - is it one of the latest...I second Susan992's request for more info since I am looking at buying the latest Axxis Bosch (am looking at the most expensive one) and similarly also used to use a Bosch made many moons ago which I liked
I heard from somebody on here that the Bosch is going to discontinue the vented dryer here in the USA which sounds strange to me and hoping somebody else may have more info?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here