Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Washer/dryer power cord question

Posted by agogolak (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 19, 14 at 16:07

I have Frigidaire Affinity front load washer/dryer set. Currently in our laundry room, they are set up with the dryer on the left, washer on the right, and the coinciding power outlets behind them. I'd like to switch their positions to make it more user friendly, the washer on the left and dryer on the right however their power cords are not long enough. Does anyone know if they make longer power cords for this model than I can sub out the old ones for, or are their extension cords heavy duty enough for washers/dryers? Any advice would be appreciated! Many thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Washer/dryer power cord question

Use single cords for each. Various lengths are available. Shouldn't be a problem.

That's easy. Dryer vent may not be...how's that looking to you? Also length of water-supply hoses and drain hose for washer. Measured all that?

o

SQ sells extra long fill hoses. Visit anyone of their parts distributors. Drain will only reach so far, and machine performance for draining goes down with long drain lines that increase back pressure.

Gwarstong has a good point, better figure out the vent for the dryer.

o

Some washer/dryer sets have at least one with provision to reverse the door opening direction. Perhaps that would be a cheaper/quicker solution than physically reversing the whole units.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here