Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
advice on the best he detergent for sensitive skin users

Posted by nina100 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 23, 09 at 16:00

I need to now what is considered to be the best He Detergent for very sensitive skin and washing the clothes please post your experiences .Thanks,Nina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: advice on the best he detergent for sensitive skin users

Everyone's sensitivites vary. I've found Tide Free/Sensitive to be great, as have many family and friends who have sensitivities, psoriasis, exema and allergies. Others here have used All Free & Clear, Charlie's soap (but that's not HE, though it's HE compatible) Cheer Free and just about anything that is a perfume/dye free. Sears has one also and Sears detergents are pretty popular. Dreft now has HE versions out and many like Dreft too. You probably need to try several and see which clean as you need without problems.

o

I have the same sorts of skin allergies/conditions and Persil megapearls (for whites or colours) used in 1/2 recommended quantities is the best I've tried. It also is better than Tide Free or others for cleaning clothes. Persil megapearls is available online at amazon.com and at some retailers. Check out the reviews! I'm impressed. It's expensive for a box but I only use 1 to 2 tablespoons max and it does a fantastic job.

o

Try to stick with anything that is perfume and dye free. I personally use Charlies soap and a lot of our skin issues cleared right up. I had been using Cheer Free and Gentle HE before the Charlies but we still had some issues with it, but we are a family of many allergies so it wasn't surprising.

But chose what is right for you. There are many things on the market you can try.

o

When the kids were young I used Dreft. Apparently by some current posts it now also comes in HE. But the best thing I found was to make the machine do an extra rinse. If their clothes were really dirty and I had to use a lot of detergent/pre-treater to get out the stains, I would just run them thru another complete cycle. Diapers were always a double cycle.

So if you are having issues, try doing at least an additional rinse. You may have to do double cycles to remove all traces of the soap residue.

o

http://www.cleaning101.com/laundry/HE.pdf

Specifically pages 6 and 7 where it talks about the use of the HE (high efficiency) seal. Check to make sure the detergent has the actual seal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here