Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fahrenheit_451_gw

Is the Samsung WW9000 Coming to the States?

fahrenheit_451
10 years ago

Does someone here, in the industry, know whether the Samsung WW9000 is coming to the States? Thank you.

Comments (8)

• georgect
    10 years ago

In May 2014...link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pocket-Lint News Samsung WW9000

• whirlpool_trainee
    10 years ago

I'm pretty sure that's the European release date. Samsung would have had this machine on display at the CES, if it were for sale in the US.

Look for the WA 9000 Series front and top loaders to be released "this spring" - but not the WW9000.

And to make all this 9000-talk more confusing: I found a Korean model (W9000) that looks just like Samsung's current high-end model but with AutoDose (and drying ability for those small Korean flats).

Here is a link that might be useful: W9000 on YouTube

• georgect
    10 years ago

Well I contacted Samsung via email and online chat and they have no clue if at all if this model will come to America.

As whirlpool_trainee states, they may only release it in certain countries.

• fahrenheit_451
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks to both whirlpool_trainee and georgect. Georgect I appreciate that you personally contacted Samsung.

Some of the features on the WW9000 are features I wish Miele had pursued with their now defunct W48XX washer series (that my wife and I own):

• Double metal hinge.

• Larger door.

• Higher drum assembly owned to where they have placed the detergent dispenser.

• Firmware upgrades via WiFi.

IâÂÂve searched the internet to try to find the complementing dryer for the WW9000 to no avail. But, if like georgect states, they donâÂÂt even know about the WW9000 at Samsung USA then itâÂÂs a useless pursuit.

• whirlpool_trainee
    10 years ago

A matching washer and dryer set is something that is not as common in Europe as in the US. Also, dryers are not as common in Europe as in the US. You will find that there are many examples of high-end washers that never got a matching dryer: LG, Whirlpool, Bosch/Siemens, V-Zug to name a few. All these companies sell or have sold a high-end wsher but no machting dryer.

What's... interesting... about the Sammy is that they provide you with a dosage ball for powdered detergent as there's no drawer. Kinda like going back in time where you had to use the Downy Ball.

Alex

• fahrenheit_451
    Original Author
    10 years ago

What's... interesting... about the Sammy is that they provide you with a dosage ball for powdered detergent as there's no drawer. Kinda like going back in time where you had to use the Downy Ball.

Yeah, itâÂÂs a puck looking dispenser with one side that looks like it might be mesh. The main dispenser unit is something of a mixed blessing as it is supposed to hold bulk quantities of both softener and detergent. However, if you are like me, then you use several different detergents based upon the situation. With the WW9000 I guess you would have to purchase several of these dispensing units or thoroughly clean the dispenser should you change detergents; not convenient by any means.

MieleâÂÂs current answer to the Samsung WW9000 is the W1. HereâÂÂs a very interesting article where they speak with Miele and apparently Miele is getting that the competition is moving them in a direction that they have to pursue--whether they want to or not:

Miele prepares for battle over the machines of tomorrow

I have to give Samsung credit for being hellbent on being in the game and also for trying to change the game. As much as they shotgun produce everything, some product aspects are inevitably going to make a indifference.

• whirlpool_trainee
    10 years ago

The W1 range isn't exactly getting tons of praise here in Germany. I wouldn't spend my money on one - especially, when you can get a TOL Bosch for almost as little as a third of what Miele asks.

Alex

• mrb627
    10 years ago

That article looks like Miele is countering the Samsung Washer with a coffee maker.... too funny.

MRB