Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Samsung 520 Washer ?

Posted by whistle (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 8, 12 at 15:03

If you have a Samsung 520, would you be kind enough to tell me what cycles you use for jeans, towels and knit polos? I have had this machine for about a year and I don't hate it but I'm not in love with it either! I've even had a bit of tangling and I know that's not right in a FL. So I must not be using the cycles correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Samsung 520 Washer ?

I have a 520 and usually use the Normal Cycle without problems, including polos. not sure why you are having so much trouble with tangling. I find the washer does an awesome job and FAR, FAR better than the TL (older Maytag--when they were made well). The TL was constantly wrapping all sorts of clothes around the agitator.

Have you tried washing similar items (rather than throwing in a variety of item types)? I run both small loads and full loads. Makes no difference in the outcome. The only thing that gets rolled up into a "cigar" is a large king comforter, and it does the same thing in the 520 dryer. A few tennis balls (each wrapped in a knotted sock to prevent dye bleed) helps a bit with the dryer rolling large items into a "cigar", but it's not a 100% fix.

o

Maybe my question wasn't clear. I don't wash jean, polos and towels in the same wash. The questions should have read.......What cycle for jeans? What cycle for polos? What cycle for towels?

I don't have any trouble with things rolling up. I use dryer balls with the little nubs specifically made for the dryer.

o

Normal for all of those. StainAway for dirty rags. Bedding for sheets... I don't use any of the other cycles often. If anyone wants a bit more water in the wash on this model, choose the PreWash option...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here