Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wildcherry_gw

Can stacked LG Tromm dryer legs be levelled?

wildcherry
17 years ago

Just took delivery on LG Tromm Steamwahser/Dryer units yesterday. The delivery team did have a level with them (albeit a 3" pocket level) and said they leveled the washer before they stacked the dryer. I didn't see them and I was nearby, and having done my research I had my long metal level handy and whipped it up on top of the dryer. Level - NOT!!! So, I very nicely made him level the legs on the washer. 1st floor laundry room over crawl space so I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be an issue. I also ordered the vibration pads for the feet and had them ready at installation. He had to literally get on his belly on the floor and use the wrench that comes with the machine to adjust the legs. I think I would have noticed this if he had actually levelled them prior to stacking?! Well he did a decent job of leveling but did not lock them. Also, I knew that I would have to fine tune it (this old house - nothing goes smoothly). So I told him to show me how to do it as we would probably be moving the machines and would need to do it again sometime. He and his assistant (who by the way spoke a lot of a foreign language while they were here) just smiled at me and said I was the boss (That's probably not what they said in the foreign language they were speaking). He said he could give me the wrench when I asked him what size it was. I found out afterward when reviewing the manual that the wrench comes packaged with each machine. (They probably have a truck full of them)

Sure enough after we actually got everything hooked up two or three hours later (this old house - nothing goes smoothly and the installers were long gone) and I relevelled the legs, the washer seemed not perfect but O.K. to run a test load. Well the washer on high speed spin seemed O.K. (it wasn't any worse than my TL used to be at lower spin speed) but the empty dryer seemed more wobbly than I expected. When the washer started spinning in real earnest the dryer started to tap in the left front corner. Hence my question, can the dryer legs be levelled and exactly how? I did look through the manual and it mentioned leveling the legs but if on a pedestal to level the pedestal legs. These units are as I mentioned stacked, no pedestal. Is there a special tool that I am not seeing referenced for the dryer legs. Washer leg levelling tool will not work - different size. Has anyone had this issue? Any ideas?

Wildcherry

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living