Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nellie's all natural washing soda

Posted by dashmo37 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 14, 14 at 13:27

After years of using Persil I find that my laundry is not as clean smelling as I would like it to be.
I have tried Charlies. Not very impressed in it's stain removal. My DH is a mechanic.
Tide works but DH has skin issues with it.
I read rave reviews on the Nellie's and am looking for opinions here from real users.
Thank you in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nellie's all natural washing soda

Persil has enzymes, OBAs, and oxygen bleach (unless you use the Colors version), while Charlie's Soap has none of those.

Have you tried the Sears Ultra with oxy bleach? There is a "free and clear" version. We use the non-oxy version and really like it.

o

Try Wisk. It comes in an unscented version. I have never tried the Nellies but have a feeling it is very similar if not the same as the Charlies. JMO

o

I found a local ACE that carries Nellie's and will report back here with my own review after I have used it for a while.

o

I use Nellie's in my FL. Works well. We have hard water and a small child. I also used it for cloth diapers. Love that it leaves no smell and no residue. I tried out the little tin at Home Sense, then moved on to the Costco sized 1100 load bucket.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here