Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any good options for 24' wide washer (no more than 34' tall)?

Posted by chlobo (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 31, 11 at 13:20

I've been looking for a decent front loader. Have a Miele and it just keeps breaking. I've been looking and it appears there is 1 whirlpool & 1 maytag but both get terrible reviews.

IS there anything out there in this size?

Here are the ones I saw that got bad reviews:

whirlpool WFC7500VW

Maytag MAH2400AW

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any good options for 24' wide washer (no more than 34' tall)?

Samsung makes a more stripped down version of the Maytag (which they also make) you mention. I'm at 15 months without a problem but I have no idea if the other shoe is about to drop or if it is going to tun out be a wise gamble.

Will say a lot of complaints and bad reviews seem to be the result of user error:

leaking around soap drawer is because the machine is not intended for NA water pressure - you don't open the taps fully and it isn't a problem

I put mine on Good Vibrations pads and I have not experienced any walking - obviously if your machine is careening around as claimed in some reviews it can't be leveled properly

Lots of other odd claims that are all about user error. However there are a lot of complaints about mechanical failure. Build quality is definitely mediocre. Hinges are OK but the bottom is coroplast and tops are laminate.

Given you are coming from a Miele (with problems) have you looked at the Blombergs? As I recall build quality seemed a bit more refined than on the Samsung version of the MAH2400AW. The Samsung's are probably too big a drop overall from what you are used to.

Here is a link that might be useful: my review

o
RE: Any good options for 24' wide washer (no more than 34' tall)?

Bosch WAS20160UC or WAS24460UC.

Big capacity, large door opening, runs on 240v power for fast water heating, well engineered.

Fagor also has some large-capacity 24"w 240v washers at lower prices that look good, but limited feedback on these as their disribution in U.S. is scant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here