Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dryer Vent Configuration Help Needed

Posted by TEL51 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 13:03

Could use some suggestions. Trying to install a rigid or semi-rigid dryer venting connection between dryer and vent outlet in wall. See diagram below.

My problem is I don't have much room to maneuver things and the semi-rigid venting either comes loose from the wall or from the dryer. To solve this problem I have tried using a long piece of venting hose. However this is taking up too much space and making lint accumulation more likely. I like the concept of the telescoping vent systems, but the ones I've found are constructed to accommodate a vent outlet on the back wall, not on a side wall (or maybe there is one out there that will work and I haven't found it yet).

Could use some advice.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dryer Vent Configuration Help Needed

Many dryers can be converted to side (left or right) venting. There's a knock-out plate on the side and it also requires a kit to change the machine's internal duct that feeds out of the blower. Check the installation paperwork for your machine to check if it can be changed ... if that would perhaps help your situation.

o

Check these vents out and see if they might work for you:

Robitacorp.com
You can order from them or I have seen them on Ebay.

Dryerbox.com/dryerflex
This hose looks like the foil kind but doesnt clog or crush like foil. Watch the video.

I am not in any way associated with either one of these. Just saw them before and thought one or the other might work for you.

o

I have got your exact problem and I have bought the metal telescopick vent. Will install as soon as weather allows. I will have to make a new hole behind the dryer high enough that I can attach the vent to the outside vent box without having to move the dryer or washer. I will sheet metal screw and metal tape the vent to the dryer so it won't come loose and then fill in the hole on the left side and then my washer and dryer will line up together.

o

Thanks to all who responded. Gives me some options that I'm going to explore. Didn't know some dryers allow rear or side venting. Present dryer doesn't have that option, but will be one of my checklist items when I'm in the market for a replacement.

o

Tel51-Robitacorp's vent is a square type pipe similar to the telescoping style vent so you can push the dryer back farther.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here