Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Basic Washer Search No computer electronics

Posted by puzzlefan (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 28, 11 at 12:46

I thought I had picked out a nice basic Kenmore Washer but then I read the reviews. It seems Kenmore has an automatic lock at startup. No changing your mind to add something etc. If you have purchased a basic 3.4- 3.5 cu washer within the past year, and it DOESN'T have this automatic feature, I'd like to know which brand and any issues with it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Basic Washer Search No computer electronics

The vast majority of machines that LOCK during operation have a button to PAUSE the cycle and UNLOCK the door. Pressing Pause again resumes the cycle.

Some will not pause/unlock for safety reasons if they have an internal water heater and the temp has reached potentially-scalding levels, but I doubt a "basic" Kenmore would have that restriction. Some may also drain and cancel the cycle if left paused for too long, also as a safety factor.

o

I've seen numerous positive comments about Speed Queen washers. They are very basic. I am going to look into them as we should have our house finished in the next few months and I am going back to a basic top loader. My Whirlpool Duets are going into the barn.

Sandy

o

We are very happy with our Speed Queen, but I believe it is only 3.3 cu.

o

We are leaning toward a Speed Queen also as it is the only one made in the USA and has a three year warranty

o

... as it is the only one made in the USA ...
That is not correct.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here