Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stacking a washer & dryer

Posted by dreamhousedesign (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 12:36

We are moving in to a new house which is set up for the washer and dryer to be side by side. We were thinking about stacking them to allow for more space beside. Has anyone had any issues with stacking regular front loaders?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stacking a washer & dryer

I stacked mine. I would have had them side by side if I had room. I just think (for no particular reason) that stacking them is more dynamic so more movement potential. I have a small Miele set so they are heavy and stable. I have no experience with the larger sets. Mine are stacked using a stacking kit.

o

Issues? Every one of my front loaders has been in a stacked configuration. I can't say I've ever had a problem because of it. Whatever you do, make sure you still will be able to access the water shutoffs in case of emergency.

o

Sean_m makes an excellent point. I had the plumber and electrician put all the workings beside my stacked set and then I asked that the carpenter configure the cabinet surround to cover the workings and have full access with the removal of a panel.

photo IMG_0181_zpseaad1c41.jpg

photo IMG_0182_zps59b5b024.jpg

photo IMG_0183_zps950db699.jpg

o

Enduring: VERY nice setup on that. Good machines too.

o

Thanks Sean_m :) I am very happy with the washer. The dryer is a little weak with my "too long" vent run, I miss calculated. I get a fault light related to the vent from time to time. It depends on the fluffiness of the load it seems (?) A few months ago a poster showed me his inline auxiliary fan that he put in with his Miele dryer and it corrected the issue. I have got to do this too. My adjusted run with all the calculated bends is 33'. So the booster fan will be helpful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here