Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
whrilpool cabrio UL error (unbalanced)

Posted by davest (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 8, 12 at 12:30

I have a WP cabrio mod. wtw6600sb1 ser. ct4070332. I have had this washer and dryer setup for a number of years and have had little problem with them other than a computer board that had to be replaced right after I bought it. I have been checking out your blogs and hope I can get some help. Cant seem to be able to get a load done without it going UL on me. If someone can tell me what needs replacing and how to get to it I would be a great help. I have seen a washer man on here who seems to know about this and hope he or someone with the same problem in the past can help. Cant really afford a new washer right now. Man are they really high cost these days. Can someone help me???? I have seen this problem on this site and maybe it has been figured out by now.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: whrilpool cabrio UL error (unbalanced)

There is no physical off-balance switch on this machine. Off-balance oscillation is monitored via spin basket rotational and inertia characteristics as sensed by the control board. First suggestion is to replace the four tub suspension rods, which have been redesigned from the originals.

Part Number W10189077, ranges from about $52 to $66 depending on the source. Available at several online sources, including SearsPartsDirect.com, PartsTap.com, AppliancePartsPros.com, and RepairClinic.com.

Replacement is easy, involves raising the machine's top, removing and replacing each suspension assembly in turn. Here's a video from one of the parts sources showing the procedure Cabrio Suspension Rods

If the rod assemblies (with springs at the bottom) do seem OK, the top cups/balls on which the tub swings can be replaced separately (Part Number W10198919, about $25).

o

Thanks dadoes, I really appreciate your help. That seems like the information I was looking for. I'll let you know if it helped. Thanks again.

o
RE: whrilpool cabrio clothes twisting together

Hey dadoes have you or anyone else heard of a way to stop your clothes from twisting together, I have heard there might be some way to fix this.

o

Sort loads properly by fabric type/weight and mix of items. Do not wash widely-disparate fabric weights together. For example, large/heavy bath towels should not be washed with sheets.

Load items properly. Do not wrap sheets, jeans, large towels, slacks, long-sleeve shirts around the circumference of the basket or across the wash plate. Gather each item in a loose "heap" and drop in, spaced evenly/balanced around the basket. Place smaller items between larger items to fill in spaces. A single large/bulky item such as a blanket or comforter may need to be wrapped to some degree, of course ... use the designated Bulky cycle.

Don't blindly wash everything on Normal or Heavy, select a proper cycle for the load type. Agitation profiles are different in each cycle to accommodate characteristics of the fabric and items.

o

This month is the 5 year anniversary for our Cabrio. We did have the control board replaced about 6 months ago but I doubt we had more than 10 unbalanced loads in those 5 years. The only this we're careful about loading is bedsheets....otherwise we just dump in the clothes and let 'er go.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here