Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which view do you like most?

Posted by georgect (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 11:46

Which version (A or B) of this forum style do you prefer most and why?

This post was edited by georgect on Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 11:54

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which view do you like most?

B, previously right, because the separation between each post is better. In the left one, now A, the extra line with edit options visually divides the content, so one post almost appears like two when quickly scanning the page.

For B, I would experiment with adding the separator at the top of the first comment as well.
You could also experiment with putting the actions line under the title. You could gain some space.

Also, this is what everybody complains about. Could the right column be skinnier? 1/4th of the page instead of 1/3rd?

I find the most recent posts interesting, but I think most people are either interested in gardening or home improvement, so having two separate boxes for the two, may generate more hits for you. You could place one on top of the other based on what the current forum type is, gardening, or home.

This post was edited by wannabeGardnr on Thu, Mar 13, 14 at 12:10

o

I vote B

o

B - looks cleaner IMO.

o

B is definitely a cleaner look.

o

Definitely B. This new format is terrible. It is confusing. Each posting looks like more than one posting.

o

I agree with everyone that B is better. It is clearer and visually flows from the tile, poster, and contents without a break. The A version has that break with the "clippings,..." and it is visually stopping the reader. But I like how the "clipping, edit" etc is in its own space, I just don't like it were it is.

I don't mind the width of the side bar on the right. I like the width of the post, it makes it easy for my eye to track across the lines. Any further and I have trouble finding my next line as I read down.

This post was edited by enduring on Fri, Mar 14, 14 at 0:23

o

B! Thank you for making it more obvious what the problem is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here