Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Why can't I stack a 27' Miele pair?

Posted by springroz (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 11, 12 at 9:43

Do they just not make a stack adapter? Could something be rigged?

I had made up my mind to stack in my new laundry, but I do not want to move my rusty, near end-of-life HE3t!

I don't know if I can live with half the capacity to go with a 24" pair....

I really like the Miele, too!

Anyone been OK going smaller?

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Why can't I stack a 27' Miele pair?

You would have a hard time seeing the controls on the dry if they are stacked. The washer is 39 inches tall and the dry and the panel os going to at or above the six foot level.

o

Ok!! Since i am not tall, that won't cut it. I could put a step in front, though, and call it cross training....

o

So, I went back to the GE spec sheet I have, and I saw them stacked at HD. I could barely see the controls, but could manage. They are 40.5 inches!! So , the Mieles are shorter!!

o

Technically, you could stack the units - the washer should be able to carry the weigh of the dryer. Using the dryer's controls will be tricky, as stated above.

I'd say you could either push the dryer back so you can use the washer's controls. But that would mean that the back part of the dryer isn't supported and the washer will stand out quite at bit because you'll need room for venting behind the dryer.

Or you could put a piece of plywood between the units so that there's a gap between the base of the dryer and the washer's top for your fingers to reach the control panel.

Photobucket

Alex

o

I recently purchased a small Asko set as a 2nd set. My other set is a 4' LG. For the past few weeks I have been doing all of our laundry, family of 5, in the Asko. The bulkiest item I wash is my 1500 thread count sheets and the Asko is fine with the full set.

I looked at the Miele set and went with the Askos because of price differences and an extra 2 years on the warranty but they were very comparable I thought.

There are some UK sites that go into detailed wash capacity ratings. My advice would be to weigh your laundry to get an idea of how much clothing the weight limit on the Mieles translated to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here