Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fisher / Paykel GWL11 washer Screeching sound

Posted by mahansc (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 13, 12 at 9:42

I've read several and I do mean several post on this topic but it's kind of hard to narrow it down. the Screechnig sound happens with either cold/hot water (this was verified last night). standing in front of the washer with lid open the screeching sound happends on the right side of the washer. it starts to fill and then on the right side of the washer (around 2 o'clock position) i think this is the what fill flume, when water comes out of that port that's when the screeching starts and it doenst stop till water stops coming out of it. Is this the water pump, or the valves going bad, or what. Any help is apprecitated. i woudl love to fix this myself as i'm saving for my daughters wedding this auguest no money in the budget for a new one or a high repair bill. thanks for any and all help.

scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fisher / Paykel GWL11 washer Screeching sound

No. The fill flume is center/rear under the top deck. 2 o'clock position at top of the tub cover is a recirculation port, water that's already in the tub is PUMPED up and showered over the clothes.

Water valves are unlikely to screech. You have a bad pump.

Couple ways to confirm:
1) Select any cycle, advance to the final spin period, press Start. The pump will turn on to drain, and should screech assuming it's the problem.
2) Run the pump via diagnostics, which you should be able to find how in previous postings.

DO NOT continue to run the machine with a bad pump. It can short-out and destroy the controller board.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here