Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
armjim_gw

LG WM214OC Rejecting Hot/warm water?

armjim
13 years ago

I just replaced a 10 year old Sears Frigmore with an LG WM214OC and am trying to figure out if my new machine is defective. It was just delivered yesterday. I have always heard how long the cycles are, so I was prepared for that. The trouble I think I am having is that on the Normal/Cotton cycle it will not use warm or hot water. When I did a load of towels yesterday I felt of the glass and it was cool to the touch. I opened the door and the water was cool. I had it on Warm/Cold rinse, and probably Normal soil. This early morning I did a Permanent Press load and put it on Heavy Soil, and the water was warm when I tested it. I just put in another load of towels/sheets, selected Hot water, Heavy soil and Cottons/Normal and the water is cool (if not cold). I called Best Buy yesterday and the young man suggested that they need to send me a new washer. I tried calling LG and was put on hold for more than 5 minutes. Can any of you LG experts give me any guidance? I have a laundry tub next to the washer and always turn the tap on to get the hot water flowing. The hoses are correctly installed. I don't want to have to start sending machines back and waiting for new ones unless this one is clearly defective.

Comment (1)