Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
There's water in my washer!

Posted by julescap (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 17, 12 at 7:27

Just had my new Lg Waveforce 5101 W/D delivered yesterday. I have washed and dried 1 large load of darks and I am so excited. The clothes were actually washing in a tub of water! My clothes were probably in shock,probably thought they were drowning as they have never had this experience before! I added extra water to this load so I'll have to see what will happen when I don't add water, but I'm so overjoyed to know that I can have a tub of water if I want. This is my 2nd TL HE machine. 1st one I had for ~8 yrs and I hated that I didn't have the option. Some clothes actually came out of previous machine with huge dry spots...never actually got totally wet! My family and next door neighbor were all standing around watching the machine work through the glass top. I love the glass top, but I may not get much else done because of it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: There's water in my washer!

Glad you're happy - enjoy your new machine!

o

8 years of fighting with a machine for clean clothes? You must be in heaven to finally have one that works as it's supposed to! I'm happy for you!

Cj

o

Good to hear! I'm assuming that when you say you added water you added it with the option that the machine comes with and not manually?

o

Just curious: why didn't you get a FL? Fl's do such a superior job of cleaning clothes, I'd never go back to a TL.

o

I love TL machines. I'm not convinced that FL do a better job.:)

o

I won't bother to convince you. enjoy your TL's

o

Congrats julescap! I also agree with you. We have that exact model and more than happy with it (and it's dryer). So happy we dumped our front loader, fighting the water levels worrying about mold/mildew, keeping the door open (suggested by manufacturer).

o

@implied consent..Thanks ! Just out of curiosity...how long wave you had your Waveforce?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here