Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lint trap in waveforce washer?

Posted by julescap (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 28, 12 at 7:00

I've had my waveforce washer and steam dryer for about 3 weeks now. I'm loving it, though always waiting for the other shoe to drop with these high tech machines! I'm not finding any sort of lint trap in the washer,nothing in the book either. Don't most machines have one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lint trap in waveforce washer?

Don't most machines have one?
No, majority of washers nowadays do not have lint filters in the traditional sense. Some have a pump trap to catch stray objects (pins, buttons, small screws or nails, etc.) from getting into the pump during drain but they do not function as a filter to catch lint during the wash & rinse periods. The few units that do have a designated lint filter, it's typically not in a location accessible by the consumer unless the machine is disassembled.

o

the samsung 520 has a trap easily accessible behind a trap door in the front of the washer...i've checked it a couple of times and found a little bit of debris like broken-off threads. it's never been even remotely close to being clogged with anything.

o

Thanks for the info!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here