Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stackable washer dryer right next to wall? Door won't fully open?

Posted by gardeno17 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 29, 11 at 4:39

This may be a silly question - I'm planning on putting my stacked front-load washer/dryer up against a wall. I just realized that the thick glass washer door will only open 90 degrees and hit the wall. Thus the washer opening will always be partially obstructed.

Is this an issue for any of you with the washer up against a wall? FL washer doors aren't generally reversible, so thought I should ask and see what other folks experiences are.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stackable washer dryer right next to wall? Door won't fully o

It can't be flush against the wall. Because there will be some vibration with the washer that will destroy your wall, or washer, depending what your wall is made out of.

My FL washer stack is in a closet and the closet door only opens 90 degrees which allows the washer door to open slightly over 90 degrees. And the washer door thickness is about 8" with the glass. And I have no problem loading/taking out clothes. Never found it to be an issue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here