Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quietest front-load steam washer/dryers?

Posted by scorpionleather (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 17, 11 at 4:14

Our laundry room is real close to the bedroom so we are looking for the quietest steam washer/dryer pair - one of the premium models. Large capacity is important too (4.5 to 5 cu ft). We can usually hear our old dryer much more than the washer. I noticed that Bosch has a number of noise reducing features. Also considering GE, Kenmore, LG, Samsung, Whirlpool.. all the major brands. It's hard to get any data on noise because even if all the manufacturers published their dbA noise measurements (which they don't), they take the measurements from different distances so it's impossible to compare noise levels between them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quietest front-load steam washer/dryers?

Try looking at Electrolux also.
I've seen these in stores hooked up (no water thought) and they seem virtually silent.
No machine will be totally noiseless, water/clothes slapping around and the spins have to ramp up to very high speeds.
Electrolux capacity is 5.1 cu. ft. and the dryer is 8.0 cu. ft.

o
RE: Quietest front-load steam washer/dryers?

I'll look at Electrolux too, thanks. I understand they all make noise.. though I noticed that some washer/dryers have more noise isolation than others, but such info is missing on most manufacturer spec sheets. It would help if I could even know which of these brands have some degree of noise isolation and which companies don't care about noise as much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here