Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dryer still slow after HE washer?

Posted by marvelousmarvin (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 2:30

When you use a high efficiency washer, does it take less time for your dryer to dry your clothes? I know its supposed to do that theoretically, but I just want to confirm if people actually notice a difference in real life.

My washer broke down so I got a high efficiency washer and kept my old dryer. But, I noticed that there wasn't a change in how long it took to dry my clothes. It still took more than 1 cycle to dry the clothes.

If it takes the dryer a long time to dry the clothes when coupled with a HE washer, does anybody know what might be wrong with the dryer? Does it mean there's something wrong with the glow bar igniter or the gas valve coil or could it be something more serious?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dryer still slow after HE washer?

Marvin -

1 - Clean your dryer vent - take the panels off the dryer and clean inside the dryer too.
2 - make sure your dryer exhaust pipe is as short and straight as possible

o

My dryer always dries faster than the clothes wash unless it is overloaded with towels or something.

o

Not all "HE" washers are created equal. Your machine may use less water, but may still only spin at a low rpm compared to others on the market.

MRB

o

Definitely check the dryer vent hose/pipe to see if it is clogged. Often this is the usual cause of long drying times.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here