Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE 2.6 washer?

Posted by vintage36 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 22, 10 at 0:25

Any info/input on the new GE 2.6 FL washer? It does have a heater but haven't seen anything on a matching dryer for stacking. The dryer is listed at the GE website.

Will see if Lowes has it/them. The max spin for the washer is listed as 1400 rpm!

Wonder who makes it/them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE 2.6 washer?

Very similar to the Bosch Vision series (that are **not** made in Europe). Door shape and fascia trim are identical

o

I inquired to GE about the water heater on their new compact FL 2.6 set. I asked them if the water heater was capable of heating the incoming water to a specified temperature in their respective cycles or does it only heat water to hot in the Sanitary/Hot cycle and this is what they said:

The HydroHeater in your WCVH4800KWW uses water temperature to reduce bacteria and provide better cleaning for the really tough stains. Assuming a hot water heater setting of 120 degrees, and an average ground water temperature of 53 degrees, the Hydroheater will fill with incoming water to approximately 120 F degrees for HOT and 105 degrees for WARM and 65 degrees for COLD. 120 F degrees incoming water is gradually heated to 160 F degrees over the course of the wash cycle.

Not sure I understand this. Does it mean it will heat:

-your incoming hot water(120 degrees required) to to 160 Degrees gradually(Sanitary cycle)?

-your incoming cold water (53 degrees required) to 105 degrees(warm cycle) and 65 degrees (Cold cycle)?

Thanks,
John

o

Anymore opinions on this machine and the matching dryer?

The dryer of my MAH2400 stack is in meltdown. After replacing a 4 year old motor last April, the replacement is starting to grind after only 8 months. I'm going to get rid of them both.

o

I was interested in this set but couldn't find hardly any reviews/info on it. I went with the Bosch Axxis set in early Summer(Axxis Plus washer with Axxis Vented Dryer) I couldn't be any happier. Click on the link below to view my review and picture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Here: Scroll to Bottom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here