Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ailene54

Very small mud/ laundry room about to be updated...suggestions wa

Ilene Perl
10 years ago

My laundry/ mud room is both narrow and very small. At either end are doors to kitchen, and to side yard, which we use during the summer as an entrance with company. Between dryer and wall I have just enough room for ironing board. The washer and dryer are touching each other, the hoses and exhaust for the dryer are visible...I 'm going to put cabinets above W&D, and a shelf. The wallpaper I'm removing. I'm not sure if I should try to make mud/laundry room seem like a continuation of my kitchen, and use same style cabinets and colors for this room? My kitchen cabinets are creamy white, I had them painted, or if it's ok just to buy white ones I've seen at big box stores which are reasonable. Even though there is a door at kitchen entrance it's left open often. The floor is old white linoleum, I have a carpet runner over it, initially the carpet was put there to for my 12 year old toy poodle, but I like having carpeting there so am thinking of keeping floor, and getting a nice area rug to go over it. Do you think I should still replace white linoleum floor since it shows? If I replace would use wood tone linoleum or vinyl. I am getting a laundry rack which works on pulleys and will be hung from the ceiling....now it's either in my DR, or being moved from one doorway to another, thanks in advance for your help.

This post was edited by ilene-84 on Thu, Feb 27, 14 at 8:19

Comment (1)