Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gosh I'm back with wfw97hexl

Posted by Clean_Quest (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 20, 12 at 23:23

Gosh...feeling like the itsy bitsy spider...

No duo here...but this will be my better half.
Whirlpool Duet: WFW97HEXL.
I thought this video was interesting and I am relieved to know that the little black square isn't actually cut out the drum.

WFW97HEX Demo

After owning a Duet GHW9200L I was forced to part with it and move on, (flush #1). I acquired a LG Tromm WM2277 to take its place and it died only after owning it for 4 years,(flushed down waterspout numero 2). :\

I am back with....the Duet washer model WFW97HEXL. Obtaining the matching dryer is incomprehensible as the LG Tromm Dryer works flawlessly and is continuing on its total life cycle of at least 10 or 12 years, I hope.

That's all. I am climbing up the spout again and should have this new washer in a couple of weeks. I really hope it lasts at least 10-12 years along side its healthy Tromm dryer companion.

I live in South Florida and the constant muggy weather was too hard (corrosion wise) on our Tromm WM2277 washer's hinge and the front panel the hinge was installed on. Additionally, the control panel buttons have to be pressed very firmly because of the corrosion.

I really hope I can keep this one.
Anyway...Cheers!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gosh I'm back with wfw97hexl

Hey Clean Quest!

I didn't realize the newer TOL duets had a direct drive motor. They look really nice & thought out. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. If I may ask, what happened to your first Duet? You said you were "forced" to part with it; not sure exactly what "forced" means?

I'm dying to know about the specialty cycles. I hear the "jeans" cycle does use a lot of water (relatively speaking)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here