Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ASKO Washer not working

Posted by jenp4 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 15, 14 at 21:47

Hello! I bought a slightly used Asko washer from someone who insisted it worked well. Once I got it home, the door wouldn't open, even though it ran fine through the wash cycle. I ran it several times (empty of course, since I can't get clothes in it), and it would fill, agitate, spin, drain, stop and never unlock. I did notice that it sounded very LOUD when it was spinning. Not like metal on metal, but much louder than I would think a well-designed washer should sound (I have never used an Asko before to know what is normal, though).

Now, a couple days and half a dozen cycles trying to get it to finally unlock, it won't agitate or spin. Fills with water but sits there until it drains.

Can anyone help me? I researched for a long time how to open it manually and even contacted Asko directly (they were not much help). I was unable to manually open it. I only have one service option in town and they are very expensive.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ASKO Washer not working

jen - You don't mention which model you have so I don't know how much this will help.

I had a 6021. There was a penny trap panel on the bottom left. There is a 2-step process for clearing the machine and opening it. There is a manual override in the penny trap.

First, you need to clear the penny trap and drain excess water out of the machine. A shallow baking dish -- at least 3 quarts with a towel under it is necessary -- the water comes out rapidly with who knows what else and there's a lot of it. This process is designed to reset the washer. I did it once and it worked.

Also in that area there is a red manual override release pull. It will open the door.

I happen to still have my old 6021 washer manual. I scanned the 2 pages with step-by-steps and diagrams for this into pdfs so they would be readable. But this site doesn't accept pdfs nor does photobucket.

If you want to send me an email at yahoo I will attach the 2 pages so you have the guide. Please don't contact through GW unless you have first adjusted the setting that allows you to receive emails or it's a dead end and impossible for someone to reply. Good luck!

o
RE: ASKO Washer not working

Second vote here for draining the excess water out of the machine. Use a big bowl, it will be messy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here