Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there a soak option on Miele 4840 washer?

Posted by cedelchef (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 21:40

I was washing towels on Sunday when our power went out due to the snowstorm. Well, my towels sat in the locked Miele 4840 washer for almost 24 hours. The washer finished the wash and the towels smelled fine so I dried them. They came out so nice and soft! I haven't had that for ages. Is there a cycle that includes a soak option? I checked the manual but didn't find anything about soaking.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there a soak option on Miele 4840 washer?

There is no soaking option that I'm aware of (just a prewash).

o

There is no soak option. However, if you want higher rinse levels (almost as good as soaking) you can program the machine via the service menu. If you do a search here you can find the instructions.

o

Just pause the machine during the wash and let the clothes soak. Press start when you are ready to continue the cycle.

o

cyberspacer, will the Miele pause indefinitely until you press start again?

o

There is a "Hold" option on the spin cycles, on my W4842, but I've never really figured out how that works. I wonder if that is the work-around for a soak cycle?

o

@ cyberspacer, you cannot pause a cycle if the temperature exceeds 130F or if the water level is too high. If you try doing so in these circumstances, the display reads "Machine locked" and it will not pause. The only option available at that point is to press pause twice to cancel the cycle, however that causes all of the water to drain.

o

The Hold option will pause cycle during the final rinse so items don't sit in the washer wrinkling. The rinse water prevents creases from forming.

BTW, there is also an emergency door release in case the power goes out during a cycle.

o

So would running the rinse/spin Mastercare cycle and selecting "Hold" as the spin speed option would give us a soak?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here