Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch Axxis electrical requirements

Posted by crl_ (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 18:44

If we have a Bosch Nexxt w/d, do we need anything different for electricity for the Bosch Axxis?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch Axxis electrical requirements

Yes. 240V electrical is needed for the washer. Check the installation manuals for details. Good luck.

o

For the Bosch Axxis, you need a 4-prong 30 Amp 125/250V outlet which is also good for 220 volts or 240 volts.. If you already have this outlet, then your good to go.

See the link below for the type of outlet you need.

With the Bosch Axxis pair, that's the only outlet you need. The washer plugs into the dryer and the dryer plugs in that outlet.

Here is a link that might be useful: 4-prong Dryer outlet

This post was edited by jseeley on Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 13:06

o

I'm not familiar with the Nexxt, but if you have the older 3-prong outlet, then you either have to change the power cord on your Axxis dryer to match your existing 3-prong outlet (instructions are in the Bosch Axxis installation manual), or hire an electrician to change your wall outlet. Those 3-prong power cords are pretty expensive. I did the latter.

This post was edited by jseeley on Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 19:06

o

OP: Sorry, I guess I misspoke. I had Bosch Axxis washer but without the matching dryer. Therefore I needed a special 240V outlet in my laundry room for the washer plug. Looks like it is more simple if you have the matching dryer. Good luck!

o

the axxis washer only plug is a NEMA 6-15R

o

Yes, that is what I have for my now defunct Bosch Axxis stand alone washer. I went over to Miele recently. I have gas dryer so now have the spare 240V line if I ever need it. The feed is 50 AMP so I can convert it back to US 30 amp dryer plug if I ever need it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here