Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
armjim_gw

I hate my LG Washer

armjim
10 years ago

Just came here to vent my frustration. I had the audacity to wash a set of sheets and about 10 bath towels, and the washer took about 20 minutes to settle into the final spin. That included me redistributing the load several times. Rediculous. This has happened to me countless times with this machine which I have owned for 3 years. My previous FL probably did that 3 times in 10 years. The fact that I can not get a true hot wash from the thing makes me rue the day I bought this washer. I am not a big fan of the matching LG dryer either.

Comments (5)

• dadoes
    10 years ago

Sheets and bath towels generally don't work well together, there's too much disparity in the fabric weight which leads to balancing troubles. Your previous machine apparently was more accepting of a less-than-perfect balance condition (lower maximum spin speed, perhaps?).

• gwarstong
    10 years ago

Have you checked to make certain the machine's feet are bearing equally or nearly-equally on the floor? If they aren't, the machine's suspension can't do what it's supposed to and your frequency of out-of-balance condition will increase.

I haven't yet encountered a modern FL with this complaint that wasn't made right by doing a dynamic balance. That is, wait for the machine to spin up under load and tweak one of the front feet. Doesn't take much adjustment to make a huge difference but must be done in-operation while spinning under load. Once done, it will stay that way.

Frankly, unless/until you're certain of this, blaming the machine is premature. I haven't yet encountered any installer that hangs around long enough to do this. However, it isn't hard to do and no machine will operate as intended unless those feet can bear properly.

• Pipersville_Carol
    10 years ago

I agree that the install might need tweaking. Our new LG front loader seems to work fine no matter what the load. Haven't had any issues with balance or water heat.

• HU-405890988
    last year

I hate mine too. On normal cycle it leaves some things DRY when the cycle is finished. Leaves slime on the pillow cases. Pools grime in the center of the machine and leaves it on the sheets that balloon in the center of the basin. All the soap sits in the center too. Everything is stiff with dirty water and creaced so badly that it needs ironing which hasn't been the case in 50 years for me. I have a glass lid so I can watch it work.

It is ineffective and frustrating. I will get rid of it asap.

• armjim
    Original Author
    last year

HU-405890988 is your machine a FL or a TL HE? I was fairly satisfied with the cleaning ability of the LG, but not the spinning. I re-read the responses above and I know I had queried this on another thread all those years ago, and my response was that I had checked the leveling, and it was perfectly level. My particular unit did not like a full load for the final spin, no matter what speed was selected. In your case, it sounds like you are speaking of a HE TL with an impeller which is why you may be getting the results you are getting. I have learned with my parents' Maytag HE TL that it is essential not to overload the tub. Selecting the cycle which fills the tub with water diminishes the wash action.