Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Warm Water Rinse

Posted by larsi (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 17:23

Hey all! I was at my local appliance store today, and I was looking at a beautiful Silver Electrolux Wave Touch (70 Series) washer, and the salesman was saying that the Wave Touch washer is one of the very few (and very last) washers that offer a Warm Rinse to be selected, opposed to the std./default cold water rinse(s) that all other machines offer.

My ?....what are the benefits of doing a Warm Water Rinse??

Thanks a lot.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Warm Water Rinse

Warm water opens up the fibers and detergent can be released more easily. With today's detergents, warm rinses aren't really necessary, unless you have really sensitive skin. In the past, warm or even hot rinses were needed to get soap (real soap) out of the laundry.

Warm clothes will also release more water during the spin cycle (again, opened up fibers...) and save a little time and energy in the dryer - but wrinkles can really set in. Warm items are easier to handle than laundry rinsed in ice-cold water - remember Kathy Bates hanging up them sheets outside in the middle of the winter. Was that Misery?

Wool benefits from a warm wash followed by a warm rinse, but no washer does that anymore.

o

The warm rinse temp may be ATC-controlled to 70°F or 75°F or some such ... not a mix of 50/50 hot and cold.

The designated Woolens cycle my F&P Intuitive Eco toploader (dates to 2004) runs the same temp for rinse as was used for wash -- cold, warm/cold, or warm. I have the machine currently installed on a utility faucet with the temp controlled by the hot & cold taps. I ran a blanket on Woolens recently, selected warm/cold wash temp (manually set a tepid mix temp on the faucet), then turned the hot tap off for a cold rinse. The machine threw a hot-water fault when it couldn't get the non-cold temp it wanted for the rinse fill.

o

Thanks guys! Appreciate it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here