Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buyer's remorse? Delivery is tomorrow!

Posted by alison_sunnyday (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 28, 11 at 17:06

We've been talking about a new washer for a year or so now, so when the bearings on our ~8-9 year old Frigidaire Gallery kicked the bucket Friday (squealing metal on metal horrible noise during the spin cycle) we decided to replace rather than repair.

My husband couldn't come shopping this morning, so after chatting at length with a sales person at a small independent local appliance store, I narrowed my choices to a few front-loading models (although I'd gone in expecting to choose an HE top loader, I didn't like the options available) and made a decision. In the end it came down to a Frigidaire Affinity (with heater) or a Maytag 4000 series (without heater). I chose the latter because it was $50 less and had a greater tub capacity. But now I'm finding mixed reviews on the machine, and fixating on how I didn't really like the control panel. Did I make a mistake? I'm not sure I've ever had sole responsibility for a purchase of this magnitude and it's eating me up!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buyer's remorse? Delivery is tomorrow!

I'm going to let this bump down. I did a little more research and I actually am super excited about my Maytag. I'm reading the user manual PDF now...will report if I feel the need to gush about its performance. ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here