Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tub hitting cabinet when spin cycle ends.

Posted by mrjasondude (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 28, 14 at 16:36

Hi guys, I have a Maytag Ensignia washer that was making a screeching sound when the spin cycle ended. I asked a service tech and he advised me to spray some wd-40 where the snubber ring is located. I accidentally got some on the drive belt also but the the screeching sound did stop. Sadly now when the cycle ends the entire tub jerks attempting to rotate pretty hard and hits the left side of the cabinet, its as if the break mechanism isn't catching and or slipping. Everything else seems to work fine during operation the tub doesn't bang the cabinet during the spin cycle until it stops, the tub seems balanced the springs look ok the machine is level. Any ideas how to fix such an issue?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tub hitting cabinet when spin cycle ends.

Does it do it with an empty tub?
I can see this happen right at the end of the high speed spin if the clothes have lumped to one side of the tub.

o

Sadly even with the tub empty it still occurs. I remember before I greased the snubber ring area that the tub was a bit harder to slide back and forth perhaps I over lubricated. I also noticed now turning the tub clockwise is easier than counterclockwise and it can go quite a bit further clockwise when rotated by hand. I am leaning towards replacing all the springs and the snubber ring but I don't see how they could go bad after just greasing?

Thanks for the reply.

o

oh btw guys here is where I was spraying the wd-40 I think i determined I must of got oil into the break assembly causing it to slip. I'm too scared to take apart the break assembly ive read its dangerous so I guess its time to buy a new washer :(.

o

Wait...
Follow these easy steps to replace the snubber and brake.
You don't have to replace the whole washer.

You can get the parts at Repair Clinic...
http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts/-tbWF5dGFnIGVuc2lnbmlhIHdhc2hpbmcgbWFjaGluZQ==/Maytag-Ensignia-Washing-Machine-Parts

Here is a link that might be useful: How to replace Snubber and Brakes (Youtube)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here