Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beckycrazymommy

Need help re: washer rec

Crazymommy
12 years ago

I had a cheap ole Frigidaire frontloader for nearly ten years. I never had a single problem with it. Well, within a month, the water pump died and they replaced it under warranty. I wasn't too secure about our future together, but my cheapo faithful washer never let me down. It wasn't very big, but it was a workhorse. I have 6 dc so I do laundry daily. So about 15 loads/week for almost 10 years I think is pretty darn exceptional. The bearings finally went on it and foolishly, we bought a new washer.

We bought a Duet. The one thing I love about it is how much it can hold. Other than that, I'd like to throw the thing down my stairs. It has torn clothes to shreds. I dread doing laundry because I am sure something will be ruined. We've already replaced the bellows under warranty after it burned up during a spin, but the warranty is up and I have to inexplicably replace the bellows again. Dh does not want to put money into this washer. We hate it. We think it is poorly designed. We never had to use laundry bags with our old washer and we had babies then. With this one, it sucks up socks and handkerchiefs to beat the band. We have had to unclog the thing so many times that we could have bought a new washer with the money we've saved having a repairman do it.

So....we're hoping to replace this washer asap. I don't want another Duet and I hear Maytag is the same maker. Meile is out of our league.

Are there any good things to be said for Samsung or Electrolux or Bosch?

All of the reviews I am reading are not encouraging. I'd love the larger capacity again. It seriously cut down my loads/week. But I want a machine I can love.

Comments (4)