Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Golf shirt collars and front loaders

Posted by bert76 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 20, 12 at 16:10

Has anybody else who has a front loader noticed how the collars on golf shirts tend to get permanently creased?

This problem didn't happen with our old top loader. I think it's from the high spin speed and the fact that the clothes don't 'float' in the water in a FL. Instead the clothes keep falling on each other, reinforcing the creases.

I try to pull the collars up before I put them in the washer, but it still happens. It's really frustrating to see my husband's work shirts have early demises due to the collars looking so bad. It's even happened to my little boys' dress shirts!

I have started using the 'delicates' cycle because it uses more water and less spin speed.

Thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Golf shirt collars and front loaders

Our first-ever FL washer is ten months old, and we have had no problems with golf shirt collars. We live in them during the summer/warm weather, and my DH wears them under sweaters in the winter. Have you tried setting the washer spin speed to "medium"? I think that's where I set ours, but no higher than "high." I dry them on a Normal/Gentle setting for 15 to 20 minutes, then let them finish drying on a rack.

o
RE: Golf shirt collars and front loaders

My husband wears custom dress shirts - I think he has twenty some ... I've washed them for 11 years in a FL machine (first a Frigidaire and then a Miele). I've never had a problem with his collars. I do wash them on the wrinkle free setting now with my Miele so it does spin a little slower.

I've washed his golf shirts too with no issues. I do not spin them on max spin either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here