Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
speed queen ate50 stackable, wdyt?

Posted by polie (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 11, 12 at 16:06

Anybody on the forum have experience with the Speed Queen ATE50 stackable washer/(electric) dryer? What do you think of it? Our old Maytag stackable that has been like a tank may finally be giving up the ghost.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: speed queen ate50 stackable, wdyt?

I don't have any personal experience with Speed Queen but we are going to look at their dryers tomorrow. The one I saw on sale is the ADE3LR Generally I'm reading good things about them and they are made in the US, which is an important aspect for me.

o

Thank you. Me, too, I'm really trying my best to buy things made in the USA. Nothing speaks louder to businesses than consumers' spending habits.

o

Bump to polie.

I'm searching for a stackable and the SQ ATE50 FL is on my radar.

Did you make a decision and buy one? If so, how do you like it? Any excess vibration issues causing a lot of walking?

o

SparklingWater, the old tank of a washer from Maytag has managed to keep on working! So, for now at least, I've not bought the ATE50 FL as a replacement. I see on the recent "Speed Queen Washing Machine" thread that, while not for the ATE50 FL specifically, some people who have recently bought a SQ really like it. They praise its build quality, simplicity, and performance. And it's made in the USA.

A totally separate thread recommends placing FL washers on top of a livestock or horse barn mat, cut to fit the footprint of the washer, to help absorb the vibrations sometimes found with FL's. Then again, other post suggest that harsh vibrations mean the FL washer has not been leveled correctly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here