Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hartin_gw

Washer/dryer recommendations?

hartin
12 years ago

I'm about to remodel my laundry room and buy a new front-loading washer/dryer.

I've always had top-loading washers with questionable success, despite changes in detergent, etc. I think our water is on the hard side. At any rate, I'm looking for a front-loading washer and dryer that can handle frequent, large loads. I have three almost-adult-sized kids and my husband and me. We create a lot of laundry. We wash clothes daily, so I'm looking for energy efficiency and low-water usage if at all possible. If there's a model that would do woolens, too, that would be great.

I'm seduced by the Miele models I saw, and I'm wondering if the German engineering is just the ticket for the punishment we inflict, but I also fear $500 for every slight problem we have, and technicians scratching their heads over the unusual nature of the machine. I hear they seldom break, but when they do, is it a paycheck?

I've heard mixed reviews from friends about Asko in general, and about Maytag/Kenmore/Whirlpool front-loaders. I know to leave the door open...

Suggestions? If you could start all over (and you were in my situation in Dallas), what would you buy?

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Comments (2)