Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch machines sold in Australia vs USA???

Posted by fpmom (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 15:20

Does anybody know the difference between the Australian sold Bosch washer/dryers vs the USA sold Bosch washer/dryers
http://www.bosch-home.com.au/Files/Bosch/Au/au_en/Catalogues & Brochures/Bosch_Laundry2011_2012.pdf
I checked the Australian Bosch website and the models are named differently (Avantixx, Logixx, Maxx) and there are different descriptions
I'm particularly interested in whether the dryers are the same since the Bosch Australian website boasts how gentle the dryers are on clothing and is exactly what I am looking for if this is indeed acurate lol!!! (i.e. am wondering if the machines are exactly the same but marketed differently with different descriptions and different names or are they completely different models altogether???)
On the Australian Bosch website the dryer has this description:
The Sensitive Drying System -
The Sensitive Drying System Drying System from Bosch is designed to
pamper your clothes. With a large interior and an innovative sculptured drum surface, your washing is penetrated by
a constant flow of gentle air from all sides. The unique SoftFlow® paddles rotate individual garments to take the rough out of the tumble and provide even drying results. The built-in sensors detect moisture levels throughout the drying cycle while the Sensitive Drying System provides the perfect drying program
for every kind of material. With gentle handling, improved airing and less creasing, the results are simply perfect. The Sensitive Drying System from Bosch is invented for life.
If anybody knows that would be helpful before I try to get the answers from Bosch themselves!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch machines sold in Australia vs USA???

I suppose all Bosch dryers have this system - just marketed under different names. What mine does is automatically lower the temp from Normal to Gentle once the load reaches the Damp Dry level. It doesn't tell you anywhere in the documentation but I found this out when I hooked it up to one of these Kill-a-Watt thingies. Other than that, it's just a normal dryer. I haven't had any problems with it.

Alex

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here