Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
is this hazardous?

Posted by kcts (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 14:17

I dropped the tiny rubber tip of Fuller lint brush into the dryer lint slot when I was removing the lint. My dryer is stacked with the washer, and the space is very tiny, so I can not access to the vent and back of the dryer. Is there anything I can do? Can I use the dryer without removing the rubber tip? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: is this hazardous?

Check where the vent exits your house - maybe the dryer already blew it out through the vent.

Alex

o

Thank you for the comment, whirlpool trainee. I haven't used dryer after dropping. Also, I live in the 4th floor condo( top floor), so I have no idea about the vent exit.

o

If it was just a small piece, it'll be probably be blown out by the fan. Which dryer do you have?

o

sorry for the late reply. I had a bad cold. My dryer is from Kenmore model 417.97912. Thank you.

o

Ah, it's a unitized stack. Well, I suppose you've used it since you first began this thread. In any case, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It most likely just got blown right out. I suppose you could remove the panel above the washer's lid to gain access to the blower assembly but I wouldn't bother. There are no heating elements after the blower - just duct.

Alex

o

Thank you so much, Alex. I have not used the dryer since then!, but I'll start use the dryer! Thank you again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here