Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele 1903 Wont Power Up After Service

Posted by skinON (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 13:21

I've had the Miele Service technician in to repair my 12 yr old 1903 washer.Original problem was machine stopped working at the Spin/Drain Cyle. First technician to make a call said it was the CPU unit and ordered it. A second technician came about a month and a half later and changed it. He tested each individual cycle and said it was fixed. A couple of days later when I did some laundry on the weekend it ran for 1 1/2 washes and was back to the same problem. Had them come back again. This time he changed the main wiring harness from the CPU to the dial controller unit. At this point he couldn't even get the On/Off button to power up. He ordered and replaced the module behind the dial control unit and still nothing.
Does anyone have any idea what could be up with this machine. Technician says he is stumped but now thinks it is possibly the door lock mechanism and has now odered that. My matching set of washer and dryer are in excellant condition other than this problem (the only one in twelve years).
It would be much apprerciated if anyone could come up with a solution before they've changed every part in the machine. Also, its taken almost three monthes to get this point and I'm sorley getting frustrated with Miele service.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele 1903 Wont Power Up After Service

I don't much about washing machines, but I know a thing or two about computers. Check the power supply, that could be causing your components to fail.

o

@sshrivastava, You win the prize. That was exactly the problem. There was a problem at the breaker panel that caused only 120v at the outlet.
Since this has been corrected, the machine has run like new. Had the initial technician done some diagnostic testing when he made the innitial service call, all this trouble and inconvenience could have been avoided.
Now to see if I can get my money back for all the parts that didn't need replacing after all.

o

Just following up on my last post. Phoned Miele Canada this morning regarding the invoice to repair my washing machine. Asked to speak with a manager in the service dept. but was told none were available at the time. I was told that someone would phone me back within 24-48 hours.
Well within two hours there was a message left on my cell phone stating the case had been reviewed and that Miele would refund all fees as charged because the replaced parts were not the cause of the problem.
I am happy with the out come of this morning's call and very happy to have my washing machine functioning as good as new.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here