Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lohneslink_gw

Vibration mats - Kellett? Diversitech? cow stall mat? What works

lohneslink
17 years ago

Would like feedback from people who actually have mats of any kind installed under their front load washer. Am relocating my laundry to the 2nd floor of a cape house and need to decide which mats to purchase. What brand of mat did you install? Did you install an entire mat or just cut out small squares and put under each foot? Under renovation contstruction now and need to order my mats for vibration reduction. Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Diversitech Anti-Vibration Pads

Comments (13)

• plumbly22
    17 years ago

I have a second floor laundry, ceramic tile... I looked into these http://www.rubbercal.com/Eco_Sport_1_Inch.html but since I don't have a vibration issue, haven't actually done anything! I was thinking I could buy just one 12'x12' tile and cut it into 4 6'x6' tiles, I did talk with a customer service person who said they are easily cut...

Here is a link that might be useful: rubbercal

• outbirdwatching
    17 years ago

I have a second floor laundry too, I use the low spin speed and nothing higher to keep the vibration to a minumum

I had to have the famous f11 repair done on my just over 2 year old he4t and I asked the repair guy about the floor and he said to srew a in a 3/4 inch piece of plywood to strength the floor, with lots of screws

Would using these pads work just as well or better than reinforcing the floor?

Thanks

• plumbly22
    17 years ago

posted by: roxy_g on 02.23.2007 at 01:30 am in Laundry Room Forum

I have the Kellett pads. They come in 4 2x2 pads that fit under the legs.
    They work great. I highly recommend them

I looked at these when I was "researching" before my machine arrived and I found I didn't have a problem... I couldn't figure out just how on earth I was suppose to get the 2x2 pads under the feet (mind you there are walls on 3 sides of my washer) thus I liked the rubber cal idea as the pads would be larger...

• grainlady_ks
    17 years ago

Not to sound flippant, but the ultimate answer is to purchase a Fisher & Paykel washer and eliminate the problem of vibration all together. They just don't vibrate like other washers, due to the difference in design. -Grainlady

• linkay42
    17 years ago

where to buy the Kellet Pads as the shipping is crazy! If bought online

• neetz
    17 years ago

We recently got the Kellet pads for our Bosch 2005 Premium washer, and they have made all of the difference in the world. Our w/d are situated in a first floor laundry alcove over a crawlspace and we had reenforced the lineoleum-covered hardwood with 3/4 inch plywood, and used spin levels no higher than 900, tilted the machine slightly backwards and releveled each leg, never filled the machine more than 3/4 full, and, shaking our heads, followed Bosch's advice after 5 service visits for vibration and actually used double-sided tape (I still can't believe that this was their solution...) Nothing markedly reduced the vibration and once a year, we landed up having to undo the slow walking that machine had done to get cozy with the dryer. I figured the investment of under $30 would be worth it for a try, and it definitely was. My service guy came out to see how they worked and didn't charge for installing them himself, and his company now is going to keep some in stock and recommend them for FL machines. The comment one poster made above seemingly outrageous shipping costs makes little sense to me- at Kellet's recommendation, I used UPS ground for about $8 (less than the price of gas if I were to be able to find them somewhere locally) and they arrived well within 48 hours of my pleasant phone call to them. They are a family-run company with exceptional customer service and I recommend them highly.

• linkay42
    17 years ago

I can not find Kellet's web sight as am afraid of e-bay!

• tl45
    17 years ago

if you have a real issue with vibration see my post here:
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/laundry/msg0412055628379.html?2

these pads might help protect ceramic floor, buy they are not going to anything to the resonance being amplified. A few simple steps solve this problem for everyone.

• mustangs81
    17 years ago

Bosch Axxis: In 3 years, I haven't experienced a vibration problem until I had tile replaced in the first floor (cement) laundry room. With the tile installers moving the units several times, I am now seeing vibration. I was going to order some pads, Kellett or something along that line...then I remember that the units are under-counter. I can't visualize how I would get the units on the pad. Would it slide over the pad into place? Does the pad show when you look at it head on?

Thanks

• tl45
    17 years ago

mustangs,
    1) did you check leveling after the washer's were returned to their position?
    2) did installers do anything at all to the subfloor? pull anything up, put anything new down? did they put down a substrate without securing it to the joists?

More inexperienced "professionals" than ever are doing floor tiling and what they do under the tile is often what suffers.

• mustangs81
    17 years ago

TL45, Thanks so much for you input. The installers took up the original tile and for the time being the W&D are sitting on the concrete-no joists involved. I am crossing my fingers that when they lay the new tile (which has gone from a one week project to over 3 weeks) that it won't be an issue. Although my refrigerator is leaning and they claim it was that way...yeah right! Like I wouldn't have noticed it listing to that degree. I don't want them to level the washer but I hate to pay the $115 service call-but I will!

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus